This cheesy chicken chowder is perfect for those cold, rainy autumn days because it warms you from the inside out. You can add some corn bread and some grated Cheddar on top and enjoy a cheesy chowder with a rich creamy taste. Everyone will love this delicious dish, even the ones who don’t usually like chowder.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups peeled potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- Pour the chicken broth in a stock pot and bring to a boil, add the onion, celery, potatoes and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, then add the flour and mix until smooth. Let it simmer for 1 minute. Then constantly stirring add the milk gradually and continue to stir until thick and bubbly. Add the Cheddar cheese and mix until melted.
- Stir in the flour mixture to the broth and add the chicken;heat through and serve.