If you’re like me, then you love buffalo chicken. However, one of the best ways to make it is in a crockpot. I’ll outline the buffalo chicken crockpot recipe below, as well as discuss the brief history of the recipe, what you can eat with it, FAQs and the ingredients required.
Also, make sure to check out the Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe too. You will love it!
History Of The Recipe
This recipe has been around for quite a few years, but it has grown into popularity over the last year or two. Generally speaking, this specific recipe first started getting noticed around 2015, but there have been variations of it prior to then. In short, ever since the invention of the modern-day crockpot, this particular buffalo chicken recipe has been around.
What Can You Eat With This Recipe
There are several things you can eat with this recipe. Of course, the choice is up to you, so, by all means, eat whatever you wish. However, the most common foods eaten with it includes salad, vegetables such as potatoes. A lot of people enjoy using chicken to create a sandwich.
French fries are also a good choice to eat with this recipe. Coleslaw is a favorite, too. Generally speaking, you can eat pretty much anything on the side, as this recipe easily serves as a main.
- Diced onion
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (skinless)
- 1¾ cup of hot sauce
- Frank's Red Hot Wings sauce
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- a teaspoon of both salt and dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon of black pepper
- half-a-teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- Half-a-teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of dried dill
- ⅛ teaspoon of dried thyme
- The first thing is to add the onion to the very bottom of the crockpot. Next, add the chicken. Take all of the other ingredients and mix them together in a bowl before pouring them over the chicken. I recommend filling the crockpot until it's half full.
- Next, turn the crockpot on high and leave it on for four hours or until the chicken is fully cooked. After it's been cooked, take the chicken out and use two forks to shred it into pieces. Then, put all of the chicken back into the cooker and then thoroughly mix it. Once it's completed, feel free to eat it on its own or create a sandwich with it.
Buffalo Chicken Crockpot FAQs
The most frequently asked questions about this buffalo chicken crockpot recipe are:
1. How long is the prep time?
It takes between 5-10 minutes to prepare the ingredients.
2. How Many Calories Is It?
It contains 149 calories.
3. How Long Does It Take To Cook?
It takes around four hours to cook
4. How Many Servings?
This recipe serves between 5-7 people.
5. How Much Protein Does It Have?
It contains just over 25 grams of protein per serving.