How to make juicy steak with garlic butter
A perfectly prepared juicy and tender beef steak with rich creamy garlic butter, it doesn’t get any better than this. This easy recipe is perfect to make anytime. You can make it on the grill but it’s just as easy to make by using a cast iron skillet and the stovetop for a quick sear, then into the oven for a few minutes to cook to perfection. This method is often overlooked as an excellent way to cook steak. If you don’t own a cast iron skillet or grill pan, you’re encouraged to get one and enjoy all the benefits. Make sure you have the vent above the stove on, the sizzle on the steak can get a little smoky.
The delicious garlic butter makes this recipe an all time favorite.
So simple and the garlic butter is amazing! We had the best steak dinner we’ve ever had right at home. Thank you! ~ Casandra L. – Grand Prairie, TX
I’m so glad we tried this. My husband says it’s his favorite. Melissa W. – Los Angeles, CA
I love using my cast iron skillet. I use the one with ridges and it gives it the nice grill marks. The garlic butter is awesome. – Dolores M. – Jacksonville, FL
- 2 6-8 oz sirloin steaks
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter, garlic, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Stir until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cast iron skillet over high heat on stovetop. Add olive oil. Let get it get good and hot - at least 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper both sides of steaks and add to steaks to skillet. Sear on 1 side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip steaks over in skillet and brush liberally with the garlic butter, place steaks, still in oven safe skillet into oven. After 5 minutes check for desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and transfer steaks to plate and add more garlic butter. Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.