Are you looking for a warm, delicious meal that is easy to prepare? Look no further than this roast crock pot recipe; the perfect weekend meal you can share with family and friends.
About This Recipe
If you are into comfort food dishes, you’ll find this roast crock pot recipe super yummy. A slow-cooked roast feels like a homey and classy meal, perfect for a cold winter night.
Pot roast is a big beef cut that is cooked in water, wine, and broth. Herbs, veggies, or sour cream can be added on top. You can add different vegetables like parsnips or turnips, sweet potatoes, or onions. The recipe can be adjusted to include your favorite veggies.
The best way to cook a pot roast is in a crockpot. It is easier than cooking it in the oven, and it makes its juicy gravy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best cut for pot roast?
Considering chuck roast is a rough cut of meat, by the time it is done cooking, it has broken down into tender delight. To prepare the best roast crockpot recipe, choose a roast with good marbling. That will make the meat fall apart in the slow cooker.
How do you season a roast crockpot?
It is essential to use seasonings when cooking a roast crockpot to bring out the flavors. This recipe calls for oregano, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, sage, and basil.
How long do you cook roast crockpot?
Roast crockpot recipe calls for a slow cook on low cook for 9-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours. If you plan the meal, it is better to cook low. The tenderness of the roast is perfection.
- 3-pound chuck roast
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Season beef with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add beef and cook until it gets brown color.
- Mix beef broth, flour, red wine, and tomato paste.
- Place carrots, potatoes, garlic, onion, celery, thyme, and bay leaf into the slow cooker. Mix up beef broth and season with salt and pepper. Top with beef.
- Cook on low heat.
- Remove the vegetables and beef from the slow cooker. Using two forks shred the beef and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Strain cooking juices into a saucepan. And cook until the water mixture is thickened into a gravy(for about 5-10 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with veggies.
Meal preparation and vegetable chopping take effort and patience. To make your job easier and efficient, check out this list of 5 Best-Rated Small Food Processors.