These Mexican Beef Wraps are one of my son’s dinner time favourites. He loves fresh fruit and vegetables (happily eating whole cucumbers and punnets of strawberries if he’s allowed!) so these wraps are definitely something he’s going to get excited about. Because each member of the family can assemble their own wrap to taste, it’s easy to please not only my son’s tastes but everyone in the family’s. This is a winning concept when you have children (including teenagers!)
You may have heard the saying, ‘You eat with your eyes first’. That is certainly the case with these Mexican Beef Wraps. With limited preparation, the table is covered with colourful, fresh food choices. Each member of the family begins feasting their eyes on the celebration of colours and planning on the combinations of flavours they would like to partake of. It’s time to have some fun!
These Mexican Beef Wraps are tasty, healthy, fresh and easy to make. I have listed our ingredient choices but if you like to be creative with your cooking, you could try any ingredients you like. Get ready to enjoy a stress free, family-friendly dinner that allows plenty of time to connect and unwind, rather than slave away in the kitchen!
- 8 whole grain wraps
- 1.1 pounds (500g) ground beef
- 1 sachet Taco seasoning
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups grated, tasty cheese
- 4 handfuls sliced lettuce
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Sour cream
- Prepare all the salad ingredients and cheese. Place on platter.
- Place platter on table, with wraps, sour cream, salsa and appropriate serving materials.
- Brown beef and stir through taco seasoning. Allow a couple of minutes to infuse flavours.
- Place beef in bowl on table and assemble according to taste. Enjoy!