Nothing spells authentic Italian than a spaghetti sauce made from scratch. The fresh and zingy tomatoes in this simple Pomodoro sauce are teeming at the sleeves with lovely Italian flavors. Because it’s fast and easy to make, it’s the perfect fresh sauce for your pasta dishes.
FAQs about Pomodoro Sauce Recipe
This Pomodoro sauce will take your taste buds on a trip down the Italian winery. Savor spaghetti made with a fresh tomato-based sauce and an excellent wine on the other hand! You can experience this all over again, right at the comfort of your balcony!
The ingredients are readily available. Making your Pomodoro sauce might be intimidating at first, but wait till you’ve tried this recipe. Before you know it, you’ll be making it every single week! So, go ahead! Level up your spaghetti dishes with fresh ingredients, and you might not buy prepared Pomodoro sauce from the grocery store again.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs. You can combine basil, parsley, and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 ½ lb fresh tomatoes
- Two cloves garlic
- Grab your tomatoes and start slicing them in quarters. Remove as many seeds as you can. You can also run them through cold water to remove any remaining seeds.
- Run the tomatoes through a food processor and puree. Transfer to a filter to remove any stray seeds.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, garlic, and onion. Cook until soft; this usually takes 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and herbs. You can also season with sugar to adjust the tanginess.
- Combine well. Adjust the heat to low. Afterwards, simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Pour over your prepared pasta and enjoy!