No seafood recipe will be complete without a creamy tartar sauce. This sauce goes best with deep-fried fish fillet. It’s tangy and can instantly add a kick of flavor to your favorite seafood dishes. It’s so good that you may be helping yourself to more tartar sauce than the fish sticks!
You may ask – why not just buy a prepared tartar sauce from the grocery?
First, because this tartar sauce recipe is so easy and fast to make! And – you can be sure that it’s made of fresh ingredients and no preservatives!
This recipe requires only the most straightforward ingredients you can easily find inside your cupboard and the fridge. If you have ingredients on hand and time on your side, you’ll never have to buy tartar sauce from the store again with this home-made recipe.
This homemade tartar sauce can last for about a week when kept in the fridge. Aside from seafood dishes, it also tastes great on cauliflower, broccoli and other roasted vegetables. The charred flavor of the roasted veggies and the zing from the tartar sauce will tickle your palate.
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ to 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise (if you wish, you can use your own mayo blend!)
- 1 small dill pickle chopped (if you want a sweeter tartar sauce, you can substitute with butter or sweet pickles)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh dill or 1 to 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp chopped capers (Capers are optional though, but it will add a robust flavor to the mixture)
- Get a small bowl and combine the mayonnaise, capers, ill, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pickles and lemon juice.
- Combine well until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper. And if you want more tang, feel free to add more lemon juice.
- Transfer to a tightly covered container and keep in the fridge.