How to make delicious, easy pulled pork
Here is an easy BBQ pulled pork recipe you make right in the slow cooker. Pulled pork is a dish where pork shoulder is slow roasted to become tender and fall apart by being “pulled” with forks. It basically creates shredded meat where seasoning and barbecue sauce is added and it is commonly served on a bun. This is the perfect dish for a weekend meal for the whole family, picnics, church gatherings, parties or any event where you need to serve several people with a nice, easy and delicious recipe.
BBQ pulled pork is one of the most perfect recipes to make in your slow cooker. This method allows the meat to take in all flavor of the broth and other ingredients that you rub onto the meat to create a delicious, juicy and tender pulled pork.
Using pork shoulder is the key to making the best pulled pork. This cut is sometimes called pork butt as well. And don’t worry, you’re not making pulled ass; butt is just another word for shoulder when it comes to butcher terms.
So get out the slow cooker and prepare to make one of the best BBQ pulled pork recipes. This recipe is awesome folks!
- 1 3lb. Pork shoulder roast
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Spread chopped onions on bottom of slow cooker. Add pork shoulder and pour in chicken broth, Worcestershire and cider vinegar right on the pork. Add mustard and brown sugar and use hands to rub it all in the pork.
- Cover slow cooker and set on high for 5 hours.
- Shred pork with 2 forks and pour in BBQ sauce. Don't pour the whole bottle in. Just enough to cover the meat according to taste. Cover and cook on high for 1 more hour.
- Serve on your favorite sandwich rolls or buns.