Who doesn’t love an easy-to-prepare and yummy breakfast? When you’re about to start the day, make sure to get that pop of energy. Oatmeal energy balls are a friendly and nutritious take on breakfast. Imagine donut holes without the extra carbs and sugar. Isn’t that a breakfast anyone would enjoy?
Let me teach you how to make this easy-peasy breakfast idea.
If there’s one complex carb that I’d recommend you have lots, it’s oatmeal. It’s high in fiber, super filling, and can reduce your cholesterol.
If you like this, you will surely love the blueberry energy balls recipe.
Gone are the days when the only quick breakfast you can conceive is mixing oatmeal with milk. Sure, it’s healthy – but a little bland. Oatmeal can be used in a variety of tasty snacks and treats. These energy balls can nourish your body after a workout. It’s a perfect alternative to snacks because it can satisfy your cravings without compromising your health.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup dry oats
- ¼ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Just add all the ingredients making sure that everything is well combined.
- Expect the mixture to be a bit sticky.
- Pop the refrigerator to form a bit.
- Using a spoon, scoop a tablespoon of the oatmeal mixture and form into a ball.
- If you want a nuttier flavor, roll it over a bed of crushed peanuts or pistachio nuts.
- Store in the fridge. It will keep for about a week.
- This recipe is super fast and fun to make. You can even make it with your kids. And you have the liberty to toss in your favorite ingredients too!