Let’s add more fruit to your energy balls! If you loved our no-bake oatmeal energy balls, you’d also swoon over this one!
Blueberry energy balls are bite-sized delights that make the perfect breakfast when you’re in a hurry but need to nourish your body. You can make this in batches and just grab a few when you’re running late. It’s a perfect pre-workout and post-workout meal, too. Just grab and go!
The good news? Inside the fridge, it has a week-old shelf life!
If you love blueberries, you’re in for a treat! Blueberries are very high in antioxidants with lots of other benefits. They’re even considered as one of the top three fruits with the highest level of these cancer-fighting compounds. Blueberries are also high in Vitamins A, E and C. Oatmeal, on the other hand, is rich in fiber.
At the same time, they’re pretty yummy and versatile too! It’s so easy to incorporate them in drinks, desserts, and treats.
Blueberries and oatmeal go exceptionally well together. Our blueberry and oatmeal energy balls are a combination of tangy, sweet, and salty flavors. You don’t even need to bake them.
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla
- A dash of salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 cup dry oatmeal ( either old fashioned or quick cook oats will do)
- Get a large mixing bowl. Toss in the oats, honey, and almond butter. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Combine the blueberries, salt, and cinnamon. Make sure to mix well.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for an hour, or until it solidifies.
- Form into balls. You may scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into your hand for consistency.
- You can make it in big batches too and have something ready for the next day!