Sometimes you just want to make something simple with some basic ingredients. Why? Because nothing beats the taste and smell of a freshly cooked cake, pie or sweet treat. Enter this coconut pie recipe. As long as you have some coconut and a few other basic ingredients, making this coconut pie is a breeze. If you are a coconut fan, you can’t miss the banana coconut cake recipe.
This divine coconut pie is made by simply combining the ingredients and pouring into a pie plate. The hardest part is waiting for it to be done. What comes out is a delicious treat with that irresistible coconut flavour. ***WARNING*** Very Moreish!
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup self-rising flour
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 ounces flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and set aside. Combine the flour, sugar, coconut, butter, vanilla and milk in a large bowl. Add the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.