Everyone loves fudge and this easy recipe will have you making a delicious, rich batch of the most decedent chocolate fudge you’ll ever have. In fact, this fudge recipe doesn’t require any baking. Just a few minutes on the stovetop to melt the chocolate and you’re ready to go.
I’ve made this fudge and brought it to family gatherings, church functions and even given it as a gift. You can buy little boxes at many craft and hobby stores such as Michael’s or Hobby Lobby. The Container Store also has some great little boxes if you want to package some of your homemade fudge.
Melting chocolate can often be a daunting task, but the method used in this recipe makes it almost fool proof.
- 2 cups of your favorite milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14oz) of sweetend condensed milk
- 1½ tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (if desired)
- Prep an 8' x '8 baking pan by lining it with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place a small sauce pan over low heat and add condensed milk, all the chocolate chips and the vanilla extract.
- Stir mixture frequently and the chocolate chips will being to nicely melt into the condensed milk. Keep stirring until mixture is a smooth consistency. When chips are melted, add the walnuts if using them and stir into the mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the wax paper lined dish. Use a spatula to get it all out and make it nice and even throughout the pan, getting it into all the corners and everything.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours in the fridge, carefully lift it out with the edges of the wax paper and place on a hard surface to cut into squares of desired size.