Peaches are a great fruit to use in desert because of their flavour and sweetness. When peaches are baked, the natural sugars caramelize which taste amazing. It’s no wonder there are so many dessert recipes for peaches.
This Peach Cobbler recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Packed full of sweet, juicy peaches, you can be sure the whole family and all your guests will love it. Enjoy it warm straight from the oven with some custard or ice cream.
- 6 large peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ stick of unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl combine the sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and the peaches. Toss till they're coated evenly and then pour into a 8 x 8 baking dish. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the peaches bake, start making the topping by mixing the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter and blend in with a pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture has the consistency of coarse meal. Stir in the water until just combined.
- Take the baked peaches from the oven, and start dropping spoonfuls of topping over them until covered.If you want, you can sprinkle the cobbler with a mixture of 3 tablespoons of sugar combined with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Then put the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, until topping is golden.