This classic recipe for easy peanut butter cookies is absolutely delicious. It’s actually one of the easiest cookie recipes i’ve ever made. Just a few simple ingredients and steps and a short time in the oven and they’re done. If you’re a peanut butter lover like I am, you will love these.
You can certainly use any of the popular brands of peanut butter for this recipe. I like make fresh peanut butter at my local grocery store. They have one of those machines that already loaded up with peanuts, and you grind them on the spot. There’s just something extra about using fresh peanut butter like that.
To finish off the baking of these cookies, you will use a fork to put the classic criss-cross pattern that peanut butter cookies have become known for.
Give this recipe a try. You will love it!
Serves: 4 dozen cookies
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar, mash it and mix it well, Then mix in the egg.
- Add flour and baking soda to mixture and mix well. Then add peanut butter and continue to mix well.
- Grease a cookie sheet. Roll dough mixture into 1 inch ball and arrange on cookie sheet. Use a cold dipped in cold water to press down twice - once to press the dough down and again turned 90 degrees to make the crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.