Spaghetti Marinara or Seafood Spaghetti is a very popular choice at Italian restaurants. The combination of seafood with a tomato-based pasta sauce makes it a delicious meal for anyone.
Like most Italian cooking it is all about simplicity and fresh ingredients. You can make delicious spaghetti marinara at home as a meal for the family or a great way to entertain. Enjoy!
Marinara Sauce vs Spaghetti Sauce
Many people ask What is the difference between Marinara Sauce and Spaghetti Sauce? The difference is only that Marinara sauce has seafood added to it. Besides that, it is essentially a traditional Italian tomato-based sauce. This means if you already have your own delicious tomato based sauce recipe, you can cook yours and add seafood for the last 5 or so minutes of your sauce cooking time.
- 1oz butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 15 oz. can of whole tomatoes
- 10-12 fresh oysters
- .5 lb prawns
- 4 oz. scallops
- 6 oz. Spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in
- Add peeled and chopped onion, saute until transparent
- Stir in flour, cook 1 minute
- Add parsley and canned, crushed tomatoes with liquid, blend well
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes
- Add shelled prawns, drained oysters, and scallops, cook gently 5 minutes
- Season to taste
- Serve with your
favouritecooked pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese