This oven baked chicken recipe is a buttery twist on the traditional favourite: oven-fried chicken. My family really enjoyed the flavours and quickly emptied the entire tray (even though I doubled the recipe!). If you enjoy chicken and like trying out variations, here is a simple fresh idea for you.
- 4 chicken pieces
- ½ cup all purpose (plain) flour
- 4oz (115 gms) butter
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Dust chicken pieces with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter, pour into baking dish, arrange chicken in dish close together, skin side down. Cover with aluminium foil, bake in oven at 350F (180C) for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, turn pieces over and baste well with pan juices. Cook, without foil, further 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.