Jambalaya is one of those words you can’t help wanting to say it out loud. Go ahead. We wont judge. Once your done check out this recipe for Jambalaya below. You’ll love telling everyone how you’ve made JAMBALAYAAAAAA!
Spicy Andouille sausage and tender chicken , tossed with rice, bell peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes and a generous dose of spicy seasoning. It’s so delicious yet so simple to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 16 ounce (1 can) crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1¼ cups rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the butter or oil , over medium heat. Cook the sausage and the chicken until lightly browned. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cook the green pepper, onion and celery in the same skillet, until tender. Add the crushed tomatoes and season with red pepper, black pepper, salt and pepper sauce. Stir in the chicken and sausage. Add the bay leaves and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in water, cover and simmer over medium heat, without stirring, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. About 25-30 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and sprinkle with parsley.