This instant pot pork tenderloin recipe is a healthier and no-sweat alternative to ordering pizza or burgers. You might even have these ingredients all stacked up in your pantry and fridge!
What’s also great about this recipe is that you don’t need separate pots and casseroles. All you need do is place everything in the pressure cooker and wait for the flavors to unravel!
Two things to remember when cooking this dish. First, it’s best to use a cooking liquid, like water, beer, or wine, when pressure-cooking to come up with a tasty sauce. Second, the pork pressure-cooks at high heat only for one to six minutes, but releasing pressure could take a couple more minutes.
- 1 medium chopped celery
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 julienned green pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ts chili powder
- 1 can drained tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ lb boneless pork chop loins
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- 1 medium julienned carrot
- 1-½ cup uncooked instant rice
- First, add the olive oil to the pressure cooker. Keep it on medium heat. Pop in the green pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Remove once cooked and set aside.
- Make a dry rub with cumin and chili powder. Lather about 2 tsp. of the dry rub on the pork chops. Place the seasoned chops in the pressure cooker.
- Get the remaining spice rub then add celery, onions, tomatoes, carrot, hot sauce, salt, and garlic. Pour it over the pork and close the lid.
- Cook on high heat for 6 minutes. Make sure to close the pressure release valve.
- After 6 minutes, release the pressure slowly for 5 minutes. Then quickly release all remaining pressure.
- Pour in the low sodium chicken broth. As you do chop the pork into smaller pieces. Bring the heat to low. Wait for the broth to boil or until rice is cooked for about 5 minutes.
- For a final touch, get the green pepper you've sauteed earlier and put it on top of the rice.