Green beans are a delicious and healthy side dish to a hearty steak or lovely grilled pork chop. Plus, when mixed with spices and herbs, it can be enjoyed on its own.
About Green Beans Recipe
This green beans recipe is straightforward to make and uses only the simplest ingredients. The addition of bacon adds a smoky and meaty taste to this vegetable side dish. You can also toss in any meat that you want.
With the preparation and cooking combined, it only takes 30 minutes to make this dish.
- 1 lb trimmed fresh green beans
- ¼ cup onion
- ¼ cup uncooked bacon
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook the bacon on low heat, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Combine the bacon, beans, onions, chicken broth, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper in a saucepan.
- Mix well and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Cook until the beans are tender but do not overcook.
Some other amazing side dishes you should definitely try:
1. Country Baked Beans
2. Country Potatoes Recipe
3. Creamy No-Boil Crockpot Mashed Potato
Other Green Bean Recipes
You can whip up an array of tasty green bean dishes. Don’t be afraid to incorporate your favorite herbs and spices. You can spruce it up with any herbs for flavoring.
These green bean recipes also go well with your grilled fish, ribs, or chicken.
- Green beans with pear, and bacon
- Green beans with bacon and cheese
- Green beans with bacon