Here’s a deliciously simple oven fried fish recipe that is perfect for any night of the week. No need to mess around with the deep fryer, this recipes bakes right in the oven with a nice crispy breading. You can use just about any kind of fish you’d like, but a good white fish such as cod is perfect. Not only is it affordable, but it’s also one of the tastiest, flakiest fish available. Catfish fillets are also wonderful with this recipe.
This recipes only needs a few minute to prep and then bakes in the oven for 6-10 minutes. You’ll want to select a nice boneless skinless fish fillet. I usually like them to be about a 1/2 inch thick or less. That’s the perfect size for this recipe. A 1lb package of fish fillets will be perfect for 4 servings.
This very easy recipe also leaves room for adding your own personal touch. If you have a favorite lemon pepper seasoning, you can add that in place of the salt, pepper and paprika. You can also add a little kick by adding a 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper. I also love to add fresh chopped parsley to the breading.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh or frozen (thawed) fish fillets, boneless and skinless
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a shallow dish, mix oil and lemon juice
- In another plate or dish, mix breadcrumbs with salt, pepper and paprika
- Gently place each fish fillet in oil mixture, then into breading mixture. Coat each fillet well.
- Place breaded fish fillets on a greased baking sheet and bake on center rack for 6-10 minutes or until breading is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.