Here’s a deliciously simple oven fried fish recipe that is perfect for any night of the week. No need to mess around with the deep fryer, this recipes bakes right in the oven with a nice crispy breading. You can use just about any kind of fish you’d like, but a good white fish such as cod is perfect. Not only is it affordable, but it’s also one of the tastiest, flakiest fish available. Catfish fillets are also wonderful with this recipe.
How Thick Should the Fish Fillet Be?
This recipes only needs a few minute to prep and then bakes in the oven for 6-10 minutes. You’ll want to select a nice boneless skinless fish fillet. I usually like them to be about a 1/2 inch thick or less. That’s the perfect size for this recipe. A 1lb package of fish fillets will be perfect for 4 servings.
What Other Ingredients Can I Add to this Recipe?
This very easy recipe also leaves room for adding your own personal touch. If you have a favorite lemon pepper seasoning, you can add that in place of the salt, pepper and paprika. You can also add a little kick by adding a 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper. I also love to add fresh chopped parsley to the breading.
The Oven Fried Fish Recipe
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh or frozen (thawed) fish fillets, boneless and skinless
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a shallow dish, mix oil and lemon juice
- In another plate or dish, mix breadcrumbs with salt, pepper and paprika
- Gently place each fish fillet in oil mixture, then into breading mixture. Coat each fillet well.
- Place breaded fish fillets on a greased baking sheet and bake on center rack for 6-10 minutes or until breading is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
What dips and sauces best with oven-fried fish?
Oven-fried fish are perfect with tartar sauce. That tangy goodness meshes well with the crisp dainty fish. But there’s no need to stick with tartar sauce all the time! You can be creative when it comes to dips and sauces! Here are two recipes that you can try with your oven-fried fish.
Fish Taco Sauce
This sauce adds a little bit of kick and Mexican flair to your oven ride fish. It’s a bit spicy and has a lot of attitude.
Serves: 1 Medium Bowl
- ½ slice of lime
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ tsp capers
- ¼sp chipotle powder
- ⅓ tp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ cup mayonaise12 cup sourcream
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Just mix it all together. If it’s a bit thick, you may add more lime.
Tomato ginger sauce
This zesty sauce is packed with a lot of antioxidants. It lends a fresh taste to your oven-fried fish, too.
Serves: 1 Medium Bowl
- You would need the following:
- ¼ cup parsley or cilantro
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅕ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the oil over a medium heated pan. Then add in the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pop in the ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Then stir in tomatoes and salt, allow to simmer. You may sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Adding fresh cilantro or parsley on top will add a sweeter taste. Pour over your freshly baked fish!