Here’s an awesome recipe for easy to make oven fried chicken. Yes, indeed! You can actually make “fried” chicken in the oven. It’s great because you don’t have all the mess and splatter of traditional pan or deep frying. And of course, it’s easy to just throw the chicken in the oven and let it cook away. But how exactly do we “fry” it in the oven? Simple…
This recipe uses melted butter in place of traditional oil. With the breading of crushed Rice Kisipies and crushed crackers, it creates a wonderful country crisp on the chicken which is so flavorful and so good, you’ll never believe you made this in the oven!
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pound), cut into pieces, trimmed of excess fat.
- 2 cups of crushed Rice Krispies
- 1 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, finely crush the Rice Krispies and crackers with your hands, then add the pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, chili powder and pepper, Mix it well.
- Dunk the pieces of chicken into the butter and roll it around in the breading mix real good to get it all nice and generously coated with the mix.
- Place chicken pieces in a large glass baking dish and bake at 350F for 1 hour or until internal temp of 165F on an instant read thermometer.