Perhaps you have an event coming up where you need to being a homemade dish of some kind. Country Deviled Eggs are the perfect dish to make and bring! All too often people tend to believe that making deviled eggs is too much work or because they simply don’t know how. I’m here to tell you that making deviled eggs is one of the most simple dishes you can make and the reward of seeing the guest’s delight when they try them is totally worth it!
Deviled egg recipes offer a lot of opportunity for variety, but for this recipe we’re gonna stick to the perfect amount of what makes them good in the first place. A little dijon mustard, horseradish mixed in with the creams and delicious egg yolks, topped with a sprinkling of paprika, and be prepared to watch faces light up with sheer delight. Get ready to make the best and easiest deviled eggs you can ever imagine.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of horseradish
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- Add eggs in a single layer to the bottom of a large pot. Fill with cold water just enough to cover eggs by about an inch and a half. Set heat to high and bring to a full rolling boil. One the water is a full boil, turn heat off and cover pan. Leave it sit for 15 minutes.
- Peel eggs, cut in half and remove yolks with a small spoon. Place yolks in a bowl with mayonnaise, horseradish and dijon mustard. Mash and mix well.
- Now fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mix. You can spoon it right in or even use a pastry bag for an extra fancy touch.
- Generously sprinkle paprika over the deviled eggs, cover and refrigerate until time to serve.