This incredible country breakfast skillet recipe is not only delicious, but it’s very easy to make. It’s the perfect recipe to add to the breakfast table when having guests or for a big family weekend breakfast.
Making the some old breakfasts every weekend can get tiring – oatmeal, cereal, maybe some eggs and toast… boring! How about making a true country style breakfast that you’ll absolutely love? With just a few simple ingredients and easy preparation, you can have a delicious country breakfast skillet of sunny side up eggs surrounded by crisp bacon, fresh potatoes, green peppers and melted cheddar cheese. It really is the ultimate country skillet breakfast and it makes enough for the family to dig in and enjoy!
The ingredients are all easy to prepare you can even get a head start by chopping the green peppers, potatoes and bacon the night before. Feel free to add some of your own favorite ingredients too. You can chop up some delicious mushrooms, tomatoes, red pepper or even hot peppers. Have fun with this recipe. You’re gonna want to make it again and again.
- ¾ lb bacon (about 12 slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- ½ cup chopped green peppers
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and place in skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring often, until bacon is crisp. Carefully drain off about ½ the fat and return to stovetop.
- Add potatoes and peppers to the skillet and cook for about 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Now empty the bacon, potato and pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside. Return the skillet to stovetop.
- Crack 4 eggs, separately into skillet and let cook for about 1 minute, until egg whites set. Don't stir.
- Now carefully spoon the potato, pepper, bacon mixture around the eggs, sprinkle in the cheese and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat, sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste and toss on some freshly chopped parsley. Serve right out of the skillet!