Breaded pork chops are the ultimate comfort food. This recipe combines all the goodness you know and love into one of the best main course recipes you will even make. It’s fun and easy too.
Boneless pork chops are not only affordable, but are terrific when they’re cooked just right. With this simple breading and cooking method you will easily be able to make golden brown, country fried boneless pork chops in no time.
One of the keys to successfully cooking pork chops is to not overcook them. This is important because it can be very easy to cook them too long, and too high of a heat setting and the results can be awful. In this recipe we’re going to get them nice and golden brown over medium heat, before reducing the heat to a simmer for a few minutes. Then, one of the important parts is to let them rest for a few minutes after removing from heat. The cooking process will actually continue and your breaded pork chops will be done to perfection.
Serves: 4 pork chops
- 4 boneless pork chops, about ½ inch thick
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Prepare breading ingredients in 3 bowls:, 1 bowl with flour, 1 bowl with whisked eggs and 1 bowl with all breadcrumbs and salt and pepper mixed well.
- Heat oil in a large pan (with cover to be used later) over medium heat. One by one, coat pork chops in flour, then dunk in egg batter, then coat in bread crumbs.
- Places breaded pork chops gently and slowly into heated oil in pan. Cook each side until golden brown - about 4 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from pan and place on a plate. Cover plate with foil and let rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.