People always want to know how to make easy boneless, skinless chicken breast in the oven, and have it turn out tender, juicy delicious. It’s a simple question and is very often the source of frustration for many people. It’s all too common for chicken recipes to come out dry and tasteless. Well i’m here to tell you that you absolutely can make chicken breast in the oven which is very tender, very juicy and very delicious!
There’s a couple of very basic steps to making boneless, skinless chicken breast the way restaurants do, and here they are… pound the chicken and brine the chicken. Let’s start with the pounding. Most supermarkets carry chicken breasts which are fresh and often times large in size. Using a meat mallet, or a rolling pin, place the chicken breast on a cutting board, cover with a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper, if whack it so it’s all en even thickness. This helps the cooking process so much and lets the chicken cook evenly. If you’re using smaller size chicken breasts, which is often the case with commercial brands, the pounding may not be necessary if the thickness is more even.
Now for the most important part: BRINE the chicken. What does this involve? It couldn’t be more simple. Fill a bowl or baking dish with warm water, about 1 quart. Don’t use hot water, just moderately warm. Now stir in some salt, about 4 tablespoons. Now place the chicken breasts in the salt water and put it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. You can also cover the bowl and let brine for up to 6 hours. But 15 minutes will make all the difference so don’t skip this step.
Next use some melted butter or olive oil to coat both sides of the chicken breasts. Butter tastes better so I recommend that. It also helps it get a nice golden color. After the meat is coated with the butter or oil, you’re going to use 4 very simple seasonings to give the chicken an awesome flavor. They are garlic powder, salt, black pepper and paprika. To make things easy, this recipe uses 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Mix together 1 teaspoon each of the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and you’re good to go.
This recipe bakes the chicken at a temperature of 450 F for 15-20 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.. This gives the chicken a nice roast and cooks them to perfection.
One last thing to making this excellent recipe. After the chicken is removed from the oven, and you’ve checked the internal temp, let them rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Trust me, if you cut them right open all the juices run out and you’ll be left with dry chicken.
Serves: 4 breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of salt and 1 quart of water for brine
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fill a large bowl or baking dish with warm water and add the tablespoon of salt, stir around until salt dissolves. Now add chicken breasts to salt water for at least 15 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in a large glass baking pan. Coat both sides of chicken breasts with butter or olive oil.
- Mix together the teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Rub seasoning mix into chicken.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
- Let rest on plate for at least 5 minutes before serving.