This here is a no-bake Cornbread Waffles recipe – one of the best in southern cuisine. With this easy to make recipe, you’ll love cornbread waffles!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the waffle iron and preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar, and eggs. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Spray waffle grates with nonstick cooking spray. With a big ice cream scoop, spoon about ¼ cup batter into waffle iron. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per waffle.
- Remove from the waffle iron, place on a baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Mix together honey and softened butter to spread over warm waffles.