Cherry dump cakes are quite easy to make. Even newbie bakers can whip up this yummy treat. Interestingly, did you know that this dessert earned its name for a reason? That’s because, with this cake, you just dump everything and bake!
Cherry dump cakes are everyone’s favorite since it’s one of the easiest desserts to make. It contains fewer ingredients and the steps are rather effortless.
If you have sweet tooth and looking for another simple cake recipe, check out the chocolate cake recipe.
For something more exotic and impressive, try out the Mississippi Mud Cake recipe.
Cherry Dump Cake FAQs
Before we make one tasty sweet cherry dump cake, let’s look at some interesting facts.
There’s more to it than cherry
- Though it’s called a cherry dump cake, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the filling. You can use any other fruits in this sweet cake! You can put in blueberries, peaches or strawberries.
- You can also add pineapple to add a bit more tartness.
- And maybe top it with sliced almonds for a bit more crunch and variety in texture.
How to serve it
Scoop the pie from the baking dish and serve warm. You may also top it with vanilla ice cream for a sweeter treat. Alternatively, you can use whipped cream instead of ice cream on top!
- 2 cans cherry pie mix
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp almond extract (use half tsp for each can of cherry pie filling)
- ½ cup melted butter
- Get a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and wipe with butter. While doing so, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 1-2 tsp almond extract in each of the cherry pie filling cans and stir well.
- Pour the cherry filling into the pan. Gradually sprinkle cake batter over the cherry pie filling.
- Bake until you produce a golden-brown top, for about 50-60 minutes.