That’s right ya’ll, this Cornbread Stuffed With Cheese recipe is a real winner! A delicious reward for your cheese cravings, with pure melted joy waiting for you to bite. We all know that in the world of food, cheese always wins. So put on your apron and make this recipe today!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 oz cubed pepper jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place buttermilk, butter, honey and eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk to evenly combine everything.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Grease a medium oven-proof skillet. Spread half of the cornbread batter into the pan. Sprinkle cheese on top to create an even layer. Pour remaining batter and spread to cover the cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cornbread is golden and cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan. Slice and serve warm.