I think we can all admit that we like breakfast sandwiches. Scrambled egg, cheese, bacon all on a golden toasted English muffin. But here’s the thing, I don’t always feel like driving to McDonald’s and waiting for the drive-thru with a car full of kids just to get a bunch of expensive and greasy breakfast sandwiches. So instead, I make my own. And guess what? They’re remarkably better!
You can make your very own breakfast sandwiches for a fraction of the cost of fast-food breakfast sandwiches, and you get to use all fresh ingredients and it actually takes less time to do than carting off to the fast-food restaurant on a weekend morning when you’d like to just be lounging around in your robe and be comfortable.
A package of English muffins, some microwavable pre-cooked bacon, slices of American cheese and some eggs and you’re all good to go. It only takes 1 egg per sandwich and they’re fun to make! The bacon crisps up in literally seconds in the microwave, so need to add an additional frying pan to the mix. And the egg patties cook up so quickly and so easily, you will have a breakfast for 4 in under 10 minutes.
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 4 English muffins
- 8 bacon slices, pre-cooked and microwavable
- 4 slices of american cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Toast English muffins and set aside
- Crisp bacon according to package directions and set aside
- Beat eggs and mix with milk. Whisk well so it has lots of air bubbles.
- Place griddle or frying pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add egg mixture and stir until eggs begin to settle. Use a spatula and begin shaping egg "patties". After egg patties set on one side, flip over and cook for another minute or until patties are nice and set.
- Add egg patties to each toasted English Muffin, add cheese and top each with 2 slices of bacon.