You don’t have to go to a fast food joint or a crowded pancake house to have a delicious breakfast sandwich. In fact, you can make your own at home that’s even better! Not only that, it’s considerably less expensive and is bigger than any fast food chain’s breakfast sandwich.
You don’t have to bake your own croissants (though you certainly can), as most supermarket bakery sections often have fresh croissants. At my local supermarket I can get a box of 4 large croissants for only $2.99. Prices and sizes will vary of course, but most are excellent and very affordable. You also you use the pre-made bacon and simply microwave it for 20 seconds. The ready-made bacon is not only less expensive, for use on a quick breakfast sandwich, it’s absolutely perfect.
I love making these sandwiches on the weekends while enjoying a hot cup of coffee and reading the local newspaper.
- 1 large fresh croissant
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 slice American cheese
- 3 slices of pre-made bacon
- ½ teaspoon butter
- pinch of pepper
- Microwave 3 slices of pre-cooked bacon on a paper towel of 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Slice croissant and toast if desired. Set aside.
- Use a whisk and scramble the 2 eggs with milk and a pinch of pepper.
- Place griddle or skillet over low heat on stovetop. Melt butter in skillet.
- Add eggs and continue to work with a spatula as it sets. Form eggs into the general shape of the croissant. Just works the sides in and flip it over to cook both sides. The whole process takes about 3 minutes.
- Place scrambled egg on croissant, add cheese and bacon and enjoy!