As a mother of three young children, there can be some nights when time to prepare dinner is extremely limited. You get me?? In between baths, breastfeeds and homework even the thought of getting in the car to go and buy takeout is overwhelming. I guess one might suggest that I stock up my freezer with easy microwavable meals for such nights, but my husband and I agree there is simply no love in those boxes. Mass-produced and processed, microwaveable meals lack the time, love and care that is found in the country kitchen and leave us feeling dissatisfied. So what do I make instead? Baked lamb chops of course.
This Baked Lamb Chop recipe is one of our family’s ‘no time to cook’ dinner favourites. It seriously has to be one of the simplest ways to prepare a tasty meal the whole family will enjoy. Add your seasoning, bake in an overhead grill for 30 minutes and your chops are done! I usually like to add vegetable sides of carrot purée, mashed potatoes and peas. But any type of vegetable sides will do. Sometimes we simply steam kale, broccoli or sweet corn for an even quicker meal prep.
Note* to make my carrot purée simply peel, roughly chop and boil desired amount of carrots in vegetable stock. When the carrots are tender drain out most of the stock and purée with a stick blender. All done! They make a healthy and super tasty vegetable side that can act like a bit of a sauce to add some moisture to the plate.
If you’re interested in making a popular mashed potato side, check out this recipe for a cream cheese mashed potato.
- 2.5 lbs lamb chops (loin or forequarter)
- McCormick's Tuscan seasoning
- Turn an overhead grill on to a medium setting. Line your baking tray with two layers of aluminium foil.
- Place the chops in a single layer over the tray. Cover generously with Tuscan seasoning.
- Cook for 15 minutes then turn chops over and season on the other.
- Cook for 15 more minutes or until chops cooked and fat is golden.